Spring is here!
The sun is shining, the flowers are blooming, and the temperatures are finally starting to warm up. That means it’s time to head into the mountains for a bit of adventure so you can dust off your hiking gear and get ready for the upcoming summer season.
Keeping with the spirit of spring, in our April Challenge, we’re encouraging you to discover new places and venture back to some of your most beloved mountain locales.
To help you out, our team has prepared a list of unique destinations in Italy for you to check out this month. Each of these places offers breathtaking views of the alpine lakes and jagged peaks that we’re fortunate enough to have here in Italy where PeakVisor was born.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your hiking boots, head outside, and visit some or all of these incredible places this April. Then, don’t forget to share your experiences with us at PeakVisor so we can celebrate your accomplishments!
Como Lake Region
- Monte San Primo – Offers unique views of Como Lake. An easy hike that’s great for the whole family. Check out possible routes to Monte San Primo in PeakVisor’s 3D maps.
- Resegone – A must-do hike near Lecco. Weather permitting, the views from the top extend as far away as Monte Rosa and other significant peaks in the Swiss and Italian Alps.
- Rifugio Menaggio – One of the best places to admire Como Lake from above. This hike is beginner-friendly and the rifugio offers excellent food with even better vistas.
Iseo Lake Region
- Punta Alta – Possibly the best place near Iseo Lake to get panoramic views of the lake itself.
- Corna Trentapassi – A delightful hike if you want to relax and enjoy the woods and the lake at the same time.
Maggiore Lake Region
- Monte Carza – When you get to the summit, be sure to relax at the Giant Bench #138, which is part of the “Big Bench Community project.” From there, you can enjoy the splendid view of the surrounding region around Maggiore Lake.
- Sasso del Ferro – If you want a quick hike that doesn’t require too much physical exertion, take the cable car to Sasso del Ferro and enjoy the view of the gorgeous Maggiore Lake.
- Motta Rossa – There are several routes that can take you to Motta Rossa, which is a great viewpoint over the lake. This hike is a great option if moody spring weather is in the forecast.
Garda Lake Region
- Rifugio Altissimo – Offers a splendid view of Garda lake and an easy hike. The rifugio also provides excellent food for after your outing.
- Monte Baldo – Ideal for families with children. Take the cable car to the top and enjoy the view with the whole family.
- Cima delle Pozzette – This hike is particularly photogenic and it offers breathtaking views of Garda Lake.
Val di Mello Region
- Rifugio Rasega – Venture into the enchanted beauty of the forested Val di Mello and then enjoy the sumptuous cuisine at the rifugio.
Alto Adige Region
- Braies Lake – One of the most famous lakes in Alto Adige, so it’s one that you simply can’t miss! Take a boat ride on the lake after your hike and enjoy the stunning vistas.
- Misurina Lake – The waters of Misurina Lake reflect the southeastern slopes of the Tre Cime di Lavaredo and the Cadini, Sorapiss, and Cristallo massifs in the heart of the UNESCO Dolomites World Heritage Site.
Campania & Lazio Regions
- Vesuvio – Hike to the crater of an active volcano while enjoying an unparalleled view of the sea from the top of Vesuvio.
- Monte Soratte – The perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of Rome, this loop trail to the top of Monte Soratte is a wonderful option for the whole family.
- Monte Circeo – A very nice hike offering panoramic views and a great challenge for keen hikers. This hike is a superb option for a family outing on Pasquetta (Easter Monday).
- Monte Portofino – If you’re looking for some of the best views of the Ligurian Sea and the coastline of Liguria, look no further than Monte Portofino.
- Agririfugio Molini – This hike offers incredible vistas, a casual walk through the woods, and a chance to visit the Agririfugio Molini, which is your go-to place for authentic Ligurian cuisine.
- Monte Reixa – One of the most beloved and popular mountains in the Ligurian Apennines, Monte Reixa is a highly recommended peak to hike in the famous Beigua Regional Natural Park.
Which of these hikes will you try this April? Don’t forget to check in at all of your favorite points of interest in the PeakVisor app so you can keep track of all the peaks, passes, rifugios, and lakes that you venture to this spring and beyond.